Before the turn of the last century a reading room was provided for the village by the Rector, the Rev. Richard Burdon. He died in 1919 and the reading room was then purchased by the Parish council for £177-7s-3d on 4th June 1920. This sum included the ground on which the hall stood which was around 21 perches, but not the cost of the timber on the site, for this they paid an extra £2-7s-3d.
The current Hall was built in the 1930s and the kitchen annexe was added in the 1970s. It is in the heart of the village and both well cared for and a popular venue.